DBX problem

John D Hoford hoford at grasp.cis.upenn.edu
Sat Jun 9 02:52:30 AEST 1990

Help I have been having a problem with debugging my code.  I have been
coding for weeks with being able to debug and have spent days on this
problem.

When I run dbx I get:

%dbx roi4
Reading symbolic information...
gettype: file index too large, fileindex 492209, nextfile 31; at "=eXV_ERROR_CONTINUE:0,XV_ERROR_RETRY:1,XV_ERROR_ABORT:2,;"

In a quest for a soulotion I got gdb off the net and when I run gdb I get:

gdb roi4
GDB 3.5, Copyright (C) 1989 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for GDB; type "info warranty" for details.
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "info copying" to see the conditions.
Reading symbol data from /home/gynko/JohnH/vida/roi2/roi4...done.
Type "help" for a list of commands.
(gdb) list
Reading in symbols for roi4.c... and disp_seq.c... and mydisp2.c...
and shmio2.c...
Invalid symbol data: type number (492209,1) out of range at symtab pos 235.

This is on a Sun 4/280 using Xnews/Openwindows 1.0.1 (cc -lX -lxnews)
using the "cc" compiler with shaired libs. on or off.  Does anybody have a
clue as to what is the problem?  What am I doing wrong?  Where to look for
answer?

Please send email if you have any clue as to the problem.

John D. Hoford
email jh at gynko.circ