SUN graphics card & FIGARO software problem ???

David Thieme gdxug%network at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 5 11:07:34 AEST 1990

I am supporting a program that is currently having some problems with
their SUN workstation, and I wanted to find out if anyone has come across
a similar problem.

It seems that the SUN 3/260 graphics card is being stressed to its limit.
Four map processes are operating at the same time, plotting points on a
map using a FIGARO graphics software package, and it appears that this is
too much for the SUN or the software to handle.  The system locks up when
one process is waiting on another process to access memory.  We are not
sure if it's caused by the SUN of the FIGARO software, and neither SUN nor
FIGARO have any answers.

To get around this situation, we have customized the application software
to enable a process to wait for available memory instead of locking up.

I would like to find out if anyone has encountered a similar situation.
Please let me know as soon as possible via this guest account ==>
gdxug at network.ucsd.edu.

thanks,

Rich Gaeta
Acting Director, Product Software