Andataco Exabyte subsystem

Terry Hull terry at eesun1.eece.ksu.edu
Thu Jun 14 06:47:02 AEST 1990

optigfx!optis31!zepf at trout.nosc.mil (Tom Zepf) writes:

>We have purchased two Exabyte drives from Andataco over the last year and
>a half. I have one connected to a 3/60 and the other connected to a 3/260.
>I am currently running SunOS 4.1, but have used the drives with SunOS
>4.0.1. The original drive we bought worked fine for about a year, but
>pretty much doesn't work at all now.

Is this what the rest of you Exabyte users experience?  I can't afford to
have two of these things sitting around just to keep one working, and
neither can I afford to have my primary backup device down half of the
time.  Am I crazy for even considering an Exabyte as a primary backup
method?  If I buy one, does it need to be on maintenance?

Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University
Work:  terry at eece.ksu.edu, rutgers!ksuvax1!eecea!terry
Play:  terry at tah386.manhattan.ks.us, rutgers!ksuvax1!eecea!tah386!terry