Problems displaying characters above 128 (Letters with accute accent)

Lopez banyc!atina!mrecvax!javier at uunet.uu.net
Sat Jun 30 01:01:57 AEST 1990

The hardware is a Sun Sparc running SunOS version 4.??.  What I need is to
write characters of the spanish set to the display and I didn't found how
to do it in the docs.  Having a program like this:

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
 putchar(0xe1);
 putchar(0xa0);
 exit(0);
}

it display the a with accute accent running csh under sunview, but running
csh (from the login) it displays 0xa0 - 128.  I checked the stty flags
(-istrip, cs8, -opost, ...) but the problem remains.  Please e-mail to me
since I don't read this group.

Thanks in advance

Lopez Francisco Javier
e-mail ...!{uunet,utai,pyramid}!atina!mrecvax!javier
	or javier at mrecvax.MREC.AR