IPC on a PC for Sun network - info wanted

Stu Brown sdl!stu at uunet.uu.net
Tue Jun 5 03:05:08 AEST 1990

[[Ed's Note: this is right on the edge of the topic areas for Sunspots, so
please just reply to him via email. -bdg]]

I would like to put my AT-class PC on the Ethernet with a Sun
SparcStation. Some questions:

1. What's a low-cost Ethernet board for a PC running DOS 4.0 that can
   handle this?

2. Where can I get software to implement the FTP level and downward to the
   board level? I am especially interested in Public Domain and C source.

3. What level driver comes with the board?

Thanks.

Stuart Brown
Mentor Graphics Corporation
Silicon Design Division (N.J.)