Weird problems upgrading to 4.1 on SS1

Sanjay Manandhar sanjay at media-lab.media.mit.edu
Fri Jun 15 09:21:44 AEST 1990

I am trying to upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.1 on SS1 (Sun 4/60).  I decided to
take the "Quick Install" approach. Hence, I tried to copy miniroot from
tape to SCSI disc:

> b st() install(,,1)

It dumps the log: avail mem, ethernet addr, disk drive addr, etc. But
although, my system does not have a floppy drive, I get error messages:

	fd0: recalibrate failed (70 0 0)
	fd0: drive not ready
	No boot param server responding.
	whoami: pmap_rmtcall status 0x5

Then it gets stuck and goes no further with the installation.

Also it finds sd3 rather than sd0 (I have changed the eeprom sd value from
31204567 to 01234567). I have only one scsi disk.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sanjay Manandhar			sanjay at media-lab.media.mit.edu
MIT Media Laboratory                  	(617) 253-0312
20 Ames Street, E15-355
Cambridge, MA 02139
USA