SunOS 4.1 and Gnu tools

bob at morningstar.com bob at morningstar.com
Sat Jun 9 07:26:44 AEST 1990

|  From: worley at compass.com (Dale Worley)
|
|  ...does anybody out there know how the Gnu tools fare?  I think that
|  Emacs shouldn't have any problems, but what about GDB?  Has it been
|  converted for the new object format (ELF)?

There's been some discussion on these topics on (surprise!) the GNU
mailing lists/gnu.* newsgroups.  Emacs requires a change to where it gets
alloca() and a couple of other things, and last I saw, gdb needs some more
work.

|  ...does anybody have a complete list of the vendors that supply BSD
|  based Unixes?

To get The One True And Pure BSD, talk to MtXinu at 415-644-0146.  They're
marketing Mach now too, though the current version doesn't run on SPARC.