Matrix Film Recorders for SparcStation

jjr at emx.utexas.edu jjr at emx.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 27 06:26:52 AEST 1990

Does anybody use a (Agfa) Matrix video film recorder with a high
resolution monitor?  I'm trying to select a video film recorder to use
with a SparcStation 1 with a 19" color Trinitron monitor (1152 by 900
pixels, 66 Hz, noninterlaced).  I mostly need to be able to make slides of
images about 512 by 512.  However, the Matrix representative said that the
low-resolution model (Model 6115, 15 kHz, $5495 + $1495 for 35mm camera)
won't work with the fast scan rate of the Trinitron monitor.  He said I
must use their high- resolution model (Model 6264, 64 kHz, $10795 + $1495
for 35mm camera).  Is this true?  Does anybody use a Matrix video film
recorder with a high-resolution monitor?  Is the fancy model the only
choice?  Does the Polaroid FreezeFrame video film recorder work with the
SparcStation's 19" monitor?  Any help would be much appreciated.

			Jeff R.
			jjr at emx.utexas.edu