Serial port pinouts on a SPARCserver 330?

Jeff Lo jlo at elan.com
Tue Jun 12 03:09:59 AEST 1990

I was trying to move our modems from our MicroVAX to our new SPARCserver
330, but it appears that the pinout of the Sun's 9-pin serial ports (ports
B, C and D) is different that the pinout on the Vax's ports.  When a
Trailblazer is hooked up, I can send data to the modem and make it dial
with tip, but no output from the modem is ever sent back up the line.
Connecting a US Robotics Courier 2400 appears to hang the machine until I
disconnect it.  Does anybody have the signal pinout for these ports so I
can make a cable which will work (we don't appear to have the hardware
manual for the machine)?