split comp.sys.sun ?

Edward Vielmetti emv at math.lsa.umich.edu
Wed Jun 6 16:20:04 AEST 1990

[[Ed's Note: I thought this was perhaps a reasonable idea, and figured I'd
let you guys see it and comment on it. I won't run followups in
comp.sys.sun, but if you direct your replies to me
(rgreene at ricecsvm.rice.edu), then I'll post a summary in a week or so.
-bdg]]

This might be more work for you, but I think it would be a win on the
Usenet side, althought probably not something to do right away.

create the new groups

	comp.sys.sun.hardware
	comp.sys.sun.software
	comp.sys.sun.sunos
	comp.sys.sun.misc
	comp.sys.sun.source (*)
	comp.sys.sun.networks
	comp.sys.sun.windows

all moderated. all articles currently keyword tagged with the various
keywords get shoved into the appropriate newsgroup.  I suspect this would
be real easy from your end.  Administrivia could go to .misc or to the
remnants of comp.sys.sun.

I have a * by comp.sys.sun.source because there are rarely actual sources
of any note in there, it's more like annoncements of additions to the
archives.  These could be cross-posted over into comp.archives.

You're doing such a good job in getting stuff out that it's hard to read
it all -- I think with a split along the keyword lines that it would be
more managable.

--Ed

Edward Vielmetti, U of Michigan math dept <emv at math.lsa.umich.edu>
comp.archives moderator