Removing files with '/' in name

Ed Arnold era at ncar.ucar.edu
Fri Jun 29 02:30:41 AEST 1990

Am looking for someone who has solved the following filesystem problem.

Some of our users on MS-DOS machines have been uploading files to 4.0.3
Sun machines, whose filenames contain a '/'.  I haven't figured out how,
but they're somehow coaxing the Sun into actually making a directory entry
which contains a slash (haven't been able to duplicate this via either a
creat() or open() syscall).  If such a directory is ls-ed, output like
"x/y.coords" results, but such directory entries cannot be simply or
recursively removed.  Since the system maintains directories, I can't
patch some other char into the directory and, so far as I know, Sun
doesn't provide any utility such as "fsdb".

Please reply to me via e-mail if you've had this problem and solved it.
Will summarize to this group if I receive any replies.

Ed Arnold * NCAR * POB 3000, Boulder, CO 80307-3000 * 303-497-1253(w)
era at ncar.ucar.edu [128.117.64.4] * era at ncario.bitnet * era at ncar.uucp
"See, the human mind is kind of like ... a pinata.  When it breaks open,
there's a lot of surprises inside."	--Jane Wagner/Lily Tomlin