PD - Graph Tools

A. Joseph Rajkumar plains!rajkumar at uunet.uu.net
Sat Jun 2 16:55:23 AEST 1990

I would appreciate receiving any pointers from any netters about the
availablity of any good PD graphical tools for the Sun Workstation. I am
looking for software that will enable me to plot (2D) different kinds of
graphs (Pie charts, bar charts etc etc) with x-axis labels, y-axis labels,
graph title and all the works, 1) by reading data from another file, 2)
plotting an equation with given ranges etc, 3) and of course drawing
figures, diagrams with boxes, text, circles etc (some thing like macdraw).

I also need to be able to save the figures in pic format for inclusion in
troff documents, and to be able to print it off on a laser printer.

A friend of mine tells me that he has seen somewhere a PD utility that
converts a macdraw file into a pic file, so that it could be included in
troff documents.

You know why I am after PD software, I am a student trying to have the
necessary tools to make my Ph.D. thesis look "picturesque".

Thanks in advance, if there is sufficient interest I will summarize

Joseph Rajkumar

email:-   rajkumar at plains.NoDak.edu

PS: ftp site information would be very much appreciated