USENET Vers. B.11 on SunOS4.1

Guy Harris guy at auspex.com
Thu Jun 28 04:12:03 AEST 1990

>I looked at /usr/include/unistd.h on both systems and found that they were
>different:

Yup, POSIX specifies that "sleep()" be declared in <unistd.h> (see p. 43
of the POSIX spec, paying special attention to "If a function is not
listed below, it shall have its prototype appear in <unistd.h>..."), and
also specifies that it have type "unsigned int".

>I assumed the source I had was outdated so recieved a new copy from the
>info server at ic.soc.src.

Nope.  SunOS 4.1 is probably new enough that 2.11 probably hasn't been
updated to compile under 4.1.

>So now I'm stuck......  We want this software working before we move comms
>over to this new machine and upgrade the others to OS4.1.
>
>Any ideas?????

Yes, try putting a declaration

	unsigned sleep();

right after, say, the "long lseek();" declaration in "ifuncs.c".  If the
same problem shows up in other files, you'll need to do the same sort of
thing there.