Removeable Optical Disk Drives?

Stephen C. Arnold temvax!stephen at bpa.bell-atl.com
Sat Mar 24 00:07:08 AEST 1990

My department is looking at Removable Optical Disk Drives for backup of a
Sun 4/280 (soon to be a 4/490 we hope) and a Vax 11/750.  We want to hang
the drive off of the Sun.  Any information on this will be helpful,
especially references from people using these systems.

Our needs justify getting 1 5.25 in. disk drive. We will be providing the
SCSI port.  In evaluating the system, I am looking a several things
including price, reliablity, recomendations of current users, ease of use,
financial stablity of the vender.

If you have information, please mail it to me at

stephen at temvax.UUCP (..!bpa!temvax!stephen)

Thanks

Stephen Arnold
Senior Programmer
Institute For Survey Research