Making your machine talk...

John Bazik jsb at cs.brown.edu
Thu Nov 29 04:45:45 AEST 1990

In article <292 at brchh104.bnr.ca>, jack at cwi.nl (Jack Jansen) writes:
|> I am trying to build a program that talks to me. Somebody informed me that
|> there was a discussion about speech programs in this group some time ago.
|> Could anyone who remembers point me to anything that might be of help:
|> articles, code fragments, etc...

I was in on that thread.  Someone remembered a long-ago post of an
english-to-phoneme program.  I have it now, but I haven't had time to play
with it.

The obvious hack is to record all the phonemes and write a backend to
string them together and write them to /dev/audio.

If you want the above mentioned program, send me mail.

John Bazik
jsb at cs.brown.edu