OpenWindows 2.0 Problems ???

edlz at cbnewsm.att.com edlz at cbnewsm.att.com
Tue Nov 27 04:30:00 AEST 1990

I've recently installed OpenWindow 2.0 on our SPARCstation.  At first it
seemed quiet nice.  However, the system crashed the other day and I have
since then been unable to run the windowing package.  I always receive the
error message:

XNeWS:  there is alread a news server running on :0 giving up

/usr2/openwin_2.0/bin/xinit: no such file or directory
(errno2) unable to connect to X server

I've even tried reinstalling the software and have had no luck.  Any
suggestions besides contacting the helpline?  Please respond to me
directly (khawand at hoss.unl.edu).  THANKS!!!

Nancy Khawand
University of Nebraska - Lincoln