Sabre 850 problems on Suns

Dire Wolf berger at atropa.stat.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 28 07:32:29 AEST 1990

I don't know the specifics of running a CDC Sabre-850 on the 7053
controller, but I have three of them on Xylogics 451's and Ciprico Rimfire
3224's.  Try different "tag" types for extended cylinder addressing.
Also, be sure that you're allowing enough bits/sector for your controller
type.  Reformatting a disk to use a slightly different sector size can
result in the messages you saw, and it will require a lot of time and
patience to reformat.

	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois
	AT&TNET     217-244-6067
	Internet    berger at atropa.stat.uiuc.edu