Exabyte woes

Dave Edwards davee at mitre.org
Mon Oct 8 07:30:00 AEST 1990

I am having some interesting problems with an Exabyte drive on a Sun
4/490.  When we try an "mt -f /dev/rst0 erase" the device goes out to
never- never land!  I see on the mt man page that not all operations are
supported for all devices.  Is this a bad combination?  After trying it, I
can't get the drive to give back my tape cartridge for some time (hour or
more)!  Any clues will be gratefully appreciated.

                                                  - Dave Edwards
                                                    davee at mitre.org