Tape wearing out on Exabyte?

Steven Roth iiasa!stevenr at relay.eu.net
Mon Oct 8 07:30:00 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep4.232322.16921 at rice.edu> leadley at uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Scott Leadley) writes:

>Cleaning the heads every other day, approximately every 10-15 hours of
>use, works for us.  We use Sony 8mm cleaning cartidges 'cause they are a
>lot cheaper and easier to get than Exabyte cleaning cartidges.

So how do you actually use the cleaning tapes?  I have a standard TDK
cleaning tape, and the Exabyte spits it out after unsuccessfully trying to
determine BOT.  How do you exercise the drive to make the cleaning tape go
past the heads?

Steven M. Roth,   International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria, Europe    UUCP: iiasa!stevenr
INTERNET: stevenr at iiasa.eu.net      BITNET: tuvie!iiasa!stevenr at cernvax.BITNET