Problems with building Xsun for Sparc-2/cg6(cgsix) under 4.1.1

Stu Grossman grossman at sunburn.stanford.edu
Sat Apr 20 07:30:00 AEST 1991

I'm having a couple of problems with building an X server for a
SparcStation-2 running 4.1.1.  It has a cg6 graphics board.

First, the file /usr/include/sundev/cg6reg.h seems to be missing.  I
checked the release tapes, and the file just ain't there!

Second, I got a copy of the file from someone else, but when I built it,
the server malfunctioned.  It seems to be wrapping the screen around
horizontally so that when you move the cursor beyond the left margin, it
comes back from the right margin.  Strange...  (My guess is that the
screen address is wrong.)

There is a strong possibility that the cg6reg.h file that I was given is bad.

So, is there a patch tape or a file that I can get via ftp that contains a
'better' version of cg6reg.h?  Is it possible that I'm running the wrong
release of 4.1.1?  I've seen some messages that imply that there is more
than one version of 4.1.1 floating around.

			Stu Grossman