Legato Networker experience?

Greg Morrison morrison at ccs.carleton.ca
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

We've been using a set of locally-written shell scripts to back up several
dozen workstations over our university network to an Exabyte tape drive,
located centrally.  The systems being backed up are mainly Suns (all three
varieties), with some PCs running Unix, but we would like to also be able
to handle Apollos, Irises, and so on.  Generally, the number and diversity
of systems to be handled is expected to increase steadily.

We are wondering whether it would make sense to switch to commercial
backup software, and are particularly interested in Legato Networker.  I'd
appreciate hearing from any of you who have had experience with Networker,
or have alternative suggestions.  I'll be happy to summarize the

Greg Morrison                           |  morrison at ccs.carleton.ca
Computing and Communications Services   |  phone: (613) 788-2507
Carleton University                     |  fax:   (613) 788-4448
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6         |