A few questions on installing DVIPS?

David J. Tisza sadavid at macs.ysu.edu
Thu Apr 18 07:14:13 AEST 1991

Could anyone give me advice on solving the following problem?

I am trying to install DVIPS on our system.  The program compiles alright;
however, we do not have Metafont on our system so that the dvips program
can create the fonts it needs on the fly.  (1) I was wondering which
method would be best for installing Metafont on our machine(s) (Sun
Sparcstations)?  Is there an FTP site where I can get portable C source
code?  Also, I wouldn't mind using the gftopk program for the fonts, but I
do not have TeX fonts in the gf format.  (2) Is there an FTP site where I
could get those?

Any help will be appreciated!!!