NEWSprint and TEK files.

bnbailey at ducvax.auburn.edu bnbailey at ducvax.auburn.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

I'm working on a SPARC II, with an attached SPARCprinter, and NEWSprint,
under OpenWindows.  I'm trying to send TEK documents to the SPARCprinter,
and keep getting an error message to the effect that the "df filter is not
available".  To supply a little more background: the NEWSprint
installation routine build the printcap entry for the SPARCprinter, and
the printer functions flawlessly on other documents (ascii text or
postscript only, so far).  The PrintTool has a button for a Tek filter.
There is a line in the printcap file for the "df" filter, which I assume
(wrongly or rightly) is the Tek filter.  I have found the file "df", but
it's not really a file, it is a link to file "lpd_script".

Oh, yeah.  There is not a copy of TEK on the sun, these are TEK files that
have been uploaded.

Any suggestions about how to print TEK files, or where to get a TEK
filter?

					Bliss Bailey
					Academic Computing Services
					Auburn University, AL