Vendors list of automated, 8mm backup ensembles requested

George MacDonald pictel!pictel.uucp!gmd at uunet.uu.net
Thu Apr 18 07:14:13 AEST 1991

Try Delta microsystems  - Does everything you want and then some!

Of course it's not perfect but it does the job for our 60+ Sun network
with 19+ Gbytes of data.  We have three 8mm drives set up, 2 from delta,
one from exabyte and the program called BudTool. I currently use the
sunview version, and hope to switch over to the X based version soon. The
X version has a better restoral mechanism, i.e. it's got a nice user
interface vs. using the restore command in a shelltool.

Custom backup mechanisms are fully supported, this is really a nice touch
and allows a significant amount of extensibility.

Call (415) 449-6881 for more info

George MacDonald - Network administrator    uunet!pictel!gmd