bug in 4.1.1 terminfo?

Patrick L. Nolan pln at egret1.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 17 11:00:00 AEST 1991

We upgraded to SunOS 4.1.1 a little while ago, and a user came in with a
problem that hadn't been seen before.  He uses vi on a vt220 terminal, and
the arrow keys quit working.  I checked the terminfo entries and found
that the codes gived for the arrow keys (kcub1, kcuf1, kcuu1, and kcud1)
were wrong for the vt220 entry.  According to /usr/5bin/infocmp they were
\E[A etc., while they should be \EOA etc.

The funny thing is that this holds only for the vt220 entry, not
vt220-js, vt220-w, or any of the vt200 family.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is this a new feature in 4.1.1?

*   Patrick L. Nolan            (415)723-0133                 *
*   W. W. Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratory (HEPL)       *
*   Stanford University                                       *
*   Bitnet: PLN at SLACVM    Internet: pln at egret1.stanford.edu   *