Problem with X11R4 on 3/160

Roger Gonzalez rg at msel.unh.edu
Wed Apr 3 01:00:00 AEST 1991

I'm running SunOS 4.1 on a 3/160, and have had no luck in getting X
windows running correctly.  The problem doesn't seem to be with the X code
itself, since the same problem has appeared after building releases from
two sites and with/whithout gcc.

The problem is this: when I drag the mouse cursor across certain
horizontal boundaries, it refreshes the stuff under it over to the right
by about 4mm.  If you do it again, it smears it out further.  So, on the
left of a window, for example, the desktop will get smeared into the
window, and on the right, the window gets smeared out onto the desktop.
xeyes gets -really- messed up.  The weird thing is that it never screws up
text; only borders and fat graphics.

It sounds like a problem with whatever graphics libraries X links with
itself.  I've never tried using them, so I don't know.

Any ideas?
-Roger

rg@[msel|unhd].unh.edu        |  UNH Marine Systems Engineering Laboratory
r_gonzalez at unhh.bitnet        |  Durham, NH  03824-3525