Sparc <-> HP Laserjet III (Postscript) setup?

Mike Bell mb at sparrms.ists.ca
Wed Apr 17 11:00:00 AEST 1991

Does anyone have a reliable setup using a HP Laserjet III with an HP
Postscript cartridge?

We're having trouble debugging our setup, and although the advice from
both Sun and HP has been helpful, neither really seems to understand the
other's kit enough to track down the problem.

We seem to be unable to print Postscript reliably, - dying after the first
file - and unable to change from Postscript to ASCII without unplugging
the Postscript cartridge.

A working /etc/printcap (and any auxiliary files) would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Mike -- <mb at sparrms.ists.ca>