SUMMARY: 8mm tapes for Exabyte drive. Exatape vs Sony. price?

Daniel R. Kegel dank at tybalt.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

mike at isg.llnl.gov (Michael E. Hummell) writes:
>[We tried several brands of 8mm tape.  The $40 tape from Exabyte was the
> best (no errors), and cheaper tapes from local stores gave more errors.
> The more you pay for tape, the fewer errors you get.]

When I started using Exabytes several years ago, I bought tapes from the
local consumer electronics store, and noticed that 90 minute tapes had a lower
error rate than 120 minute tapes.  Don't know if this is still true.

Also, Sony P6-120MP cost about $4.50 at Price Club in the LA area :-)
- Dan Kegel (dank at blacks.jpl.nasa.gov)