Crashing Sparcstation 2

Craig Bishop csb at gdwb.oz.au
Mon Jan 7 09:11:00 AEST 1991

rjv at icad.com (Ralph Verrilli) writes:

>We recently received a number of Sparcstation 2's.  We have had problems
>with all of them crashing, sort of like they experience a power failure.
>Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Sparcstation 2?

We have had exactly the same problem. The screen would go blank, the audio
port would pop and the machine died. The only thing that would get the
machine up agian is a reboot. We tried all sorts of things to fix the
problem eventually we found that the generic kernel stopped it from
happening.

>By the way, we are running a large lisp application using Franz Common
>Lisp.

We don't.

Craig Bishop			Geelong & District Water Board
Phone: +61 52 262506		61-67 Ryrie St Geelong
Fax:   +61 52 218236		Victoria 3220 Australia