Suncore on Sparcs problem!

David McIntyre mcintyre at cs.rpi.edu
Mon Jan 14 10:37:27 AEST 1991

Let me preface this question by saying that I know SunCore has reached its
official (and unofficial) end of life, but some of us have big
applications that need SunCore, and yet don't desire the large block of
time required to move to a newer package.

I have a problem with getting core dumps while in the raster functions of
SunCore.  While drawing a rasterfile image, there is maybe a 30-70% chance
of dumping core.

The same code worked perfectly (or nearly so) for several years on a Sun
3.  The problem seems to be in the Sparcstation version of the SunCore
library.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Have you found a cure?  I've been
thinking about buying the SunCore source ($400), but that seems like a
last resort.

Dave "mr question" McIntyre
mcintyre at turing.cs.rpi.edu
office : 518-276-8633