Newer PROM User's Manual?

Dave Hucaby hucaby at ms.uky.edu
Sun Jan 13 10:07:52 AEST 1991

In article <1173 at brchh104.bnr.ca> bob at morningstar.com (Bob Sutterfield) writes:

> Should I buy the SBus Developer's Kit-II (SBUS-DEV-KIT-II) just to
>get the Open Boot PROM Toolkit User's Guide and SPARC Open PROM Toolkit
>Reference Card?  Would these newer docs tell me the same stuff as has
>historically been included in the PROM User's Manual?

I'm glad to know where the PROM Toolkit User's Guide can be found! I just
got a new SparcStation with 4.1 and have turned my office upside-down
looking for this book. The SunOS 4.1 Installation binder says to see this
book for information about using the 'n' (new command) option at the boot
prompt.  Looks like this would be info of general interest to all
SparcStation owners, since the PROM interface sets up the boot device,
etc.