PM9600SA and SunOS 4.0.3 tip/uucp

Larry M. Augustin lma at neon.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 13 16:12:25 AEST 1991

I'm having trouble getting tip/uucp on a Sun-4/SunOS 4.0.3 machine to work
with a PM9600SA.  If I set up the modem port as a hardwired line in
/etc/remote, and connect to it using tip, I can dial and connect by hand
without any difficulty.  However, if I instead use autodialing the modem
dials and seems to connect, but no data appears to be transferred.  tip
appears to be getting the correct connect code back from the modem (a
"1"), but it's as if tip locks after getting the connect message.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  If you are using a PM9600SA with tip,
a copy of your modem profile would probably do the trick.

Thanks,

Larry M. Augustin			ERL 414
lma at sierra.stanford.edu			Computer Systems Lab
lma at dayton.stanford.edu			Stanford University