SunOS 4.1.1 and Sync SCSI

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wsrcc!wolfgang at uunet.uu.net
Sat Jan 19 01:38:03 AEST 1991

rick at olivea.olivetti.com (Rick Meneely) writes:
>[ I installed ] SunOS 4.1.1 on a Sparc 1+ and I encounted precisely
>these same problems!!!  I am installing it on a Maxtor XT-8760S drive
>which is different than Mike Anderson was using - so I presume
>(guess) that is not specific to this

I tried installing 4.1.1 on a CDC/Imprimis/Seagate Wren VI 94191-766.
Same problems.  Random hangs and illegal instructions.

I installed 4.1.1 by hand after untaring the tape files by hand, and
building a 4.1.1 kernel from the *.o's.  The resultant kernel hung just
after the device probe printf's.  Turning the SYNC SCSI option off in the
kernel didn't help.

Wolfgang Rupprecht    wolfgang at wsrcc.com (or) uunet!wsrcc!wolfgang
Snail Mail Address:   Box 6524, Alexandria, VA 22306-0524