4.1 uucp can't login to XENIX system

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.basis.com
Fri Jan 4 10:04:06 AEST 1991

I manage a newfeed for some folks in New Mexico and recently a problem
occurred.

A site that calls me upgraded to 4.1 and no longer can login to my system.
A cu() has no trouble and nothing has changed on this end.  I've hooked
the getty() and login() to ISTRIP but that seems to make no difference.

This happened before with another feed that upgraded to 4.1.  We finally
gave up on having them call in and figured that the newsfeed was a
reasonable poll to their site and dropped the investigation.

Any ideas?  I really can't change the login process here as there are a
lot of sites that call in and I can't dedicate a Telebit to one feed.  I'd
love to hear of something on the calling end that fixes this behaviour.

Russ Kepler -  Basis Int'l     SNAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
UUCP: bbx.basis.com!russ                                    PHONE: 505-345-5232