HP disk drive

The Mad Mathematician jap2_ss at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Tue Jan 15 11:30:01 AEST 1991

In article <1167 at brchh104.bnr.ca> pearmana at prl.philips.co.uk writes:
>I am thinking of buying some SCSI disks to put on a Sun Sparcstation 1
>running Sun OS4.0.3 I have heard about HP's  HP97549T  5 1/4 inch SCSI-2
>disks  1.18gb unformatted and wondered if anyone had got one to work on a
>SS1 and whether or not you had any problems.

I have never heard of problems running the HP off Sparcs.  We (ADS) sell
HPs for Sparcs and haven't had any returned for incompatibility problems.

However, I do have a problem with HPs running off Sun 3/60's.
Specifically: Diskless client Sun 3/60 running 4.1 off Sparstation 1+ 4/65
running 4.1 over Ethernet.  When attempting to access HP 97548S-793, such
as during analyze under format, or running newfs, I get scsi bus timeout
errors and odd bit errors at seemingly random intervals.

Does anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix?  If you need more
details, I can have them tomorrow.

jap2_ss at uhura.cc.rochester.edu