Sun <- AutoCad

John Nagle nagle at well.sf.ca.us
Wed Jan 9 07:03:19 AEST 1991

d88pt at efd.lth.se (Peter Tomaszewski) writes:

>I have a pc-board design program which saves files in the same format as
>AutoCad. Since I don't own a laser writer I want to send those files to a
>Sun station and use the laser writer connected to it. Is there a program
>for Sun that takes a AutoCad file and prints it on a laser?

You can get AutoCAD for SUN machines, which would solve the problem.  If
you have an AutoCAD around on a PC, you can generate a Postscript output
file.  Select "reconfigure" from the main menu, and reconfigure the
"plotter" as a Postscript printer.  Then plot your drawing, and select
plot output to a file.  This yields a Postscript file (named <drawing
name>.PLT), which you can then ship to a Postscript printer.  You may need
to append an ASCII EOT (0x04) to the file if your spooler doesn't do this,
to tell the printer that transmission has ended.

					John Nagle