Multiple subnet masks under 4.1/4.1.1

Jeff Woodward woodward at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu
Sun Jan 20 18:10:54 AEST 1991

I am trying to create a network with multiple layers of subnetting on a
single class B internet number.  IE: I would like to partition the
"network pie" into several large pieces, with the option of cutting the
larger pieces into smaller ones.  SunOS won't seem to allow me to do this,
and continues to maintain valid routing tables via the rip/routed
mechanism.  Anyone ever successfully done this?  If so, may I have a copy
of your /etc/networks and /etc/netmasks tables to look at?