Gnu emacs on Sparcserver 4/470

Christine Sweeney sweeney at cs.washington.edu
Tue Jan 22 10:04:16 AEST 1991

I have built and installed (according to the directions) Gnu emacs 18.55
on our Sparcserver 4/470.  When I start up the binary it dumps core.  I
have the emacs library in /usr/local/emacs.  When I delete
/usr/local/emacs/lisp, the emacs does not dump core, but complains about
not being able to find the lisp library before it starts up.  I have no
idea why it does this.  Any suggestions?  We are not running yellow pages,
if that matters.  We have OS 4.1_PSR_A.  I have compared the compiled
files and config file to those on a similar Sparcserver which had emacs
succesfully installed, and there seems to be no difference.  I have
configured it with m-sparc.h and s-sunos4.h.  Any hints would be
appreciated.  Thanks,

Christine
sweeney at cs.washington.edu