PPP and/or SL/IP between SparcStations via v.42bis modems

aaron at ux.acs.umn.edu aaron at ux.acs.umn.edu
Wed Jan 2 06:01:24 AEST 1991

Well, I tried (on a Sun3/160 running SunOS 4.1) both the
omnigate.clarkson.edu:pub/sun/ppp.tar.Z and the
tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/ppp/* (with the patches applied) but I
consistently got

	ppp: ioctl(I_PUSH, ppp_async): Invalid argument

(then exited to system prompt) for nearly all invocations of ppp.

I tripple-checked that the kernel has been modified as directed, and the
mod seemed successful (at least ppp0 thru ppp5 exist if I pre-attach them
in the config file).  I also changed the _sys_types_h to __sys_types_h in
<pixrect/pr_impl_util.h> as Greg suggested. No luck and same error.

Any kind souls out there willing to give me some hints?

Thanks and cheers for the happy new year.
/aaron.cheung
aaron at ux.acs.umn.edu