Dev. driver for VMIVME-2510B I/O board

Mitra Mousumi mitra at scbtan.larc.nasa.gov
Sat Jan 12 06:59:58 AEST 1991

I need help concerning the following issue:

We have a VMIVME-2510B 64-Bit TTL I/O board installed on one of our Sun
3/160 machines running SunOS 4.0.3. Unfortunately we are not having much
luck using it - no device driver is provided for the board and if we try
to run some of our programs using the "mmap" utility, we keep getting a
"Bus error (core dump)". The Sun Device driver manual mentions that
"Attempts to access supervisor-only device registers without supervisor
privilege might produce a bus error ..". We think the board is set up to
support supervisory access and so are confused.

Has anyone used such a board and if so could you please help us. We have
tried getting help from VME Microsystems (makers of this board) without
any success.

Mousumi Mitra (mitra at scbtan.larc.nasa.gov).