Sun server NFS benchmark paper

Peter Galvin pbg at cs.brown.edu
Thu Jan 17 03:40:37 AEST 1991

We have completed a paper reporting the results of our NFS server
benchmarking.  In it we discuss the upgrade we did from 4 Sun 4/280
servers to 2 Sun 4/490 systems, and the results of NFS I/O benchmarks we
performed on both sets of systems.  We also include discussion of a
similar benchmark we did on an Epoch system.

The paper is only available in postscript format, and can be transfered
via anonymous ftp to "wilma.cs.brown.edu".  The file is pub/benchmark.ps.Z

We'd be interested in any comments readers have, and we'd be glad to
answer any questions.

Peter Baer Galvin       		      (401) 863-7623
Systems Manager, Brown Univ. Comp. Sci.       pbg at cs.brown.edu
Box 1910 (115 Waterman Street)                uunet!brunix!pbg
Providence, RI 02912  (02906)		      pbg at browncs.bitnet