Jukeboxes for Sun

raymond thomas pierrehumbert rtp1 at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 29 07:55:09 AEST 1991

I need to purchase a multi-gigabyte mass storage system for our network
real soon-- PO's to go out March.  The size of the data set dictates an
Exabyte and/or an optical rewritable jukebox.  The filesystem must be
accessible to all machines on the network, preferably over nfs.

Really, I want this for an IBM R6000, but it won't happen anywhere near
soon enough.  Thus, I'm thinking of buying a Sparcstation 2 or Sparc 330
and using it as a mass storage server.

So... Does anybody know of an Exabyte or optical jukebox for these
machines that fit my needs?  Eventually, we go to FDDI-- what are the
prospects for FDDI on a Sparc-2?  On a 330?

Thanks a lot.  Please reply via email to rtp1 at midway.uchicago.edu