Device Driver for SCSI Ethernet Device

Jeffrey Zank - SBus Software jeffz at eng.sun.com
Tue Jan 15 16:31:41 AEST 1991

| What is the Sun Common SCSI Architecture?  Is there a specific manual that
| describes it?  Are there a set of common kernel routines that allow a
| command to be passed to the target rather transparently?

| Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.  I have a SCSI based
| Ethernet device that I need to support.

The Sun Common SCSI Arch is the SCSI architecture for the SS1, SS1+, SS2,
SS IPC, and  SS SLC.  Yes, there are a common set of kernel routines.
It's documented in Sun part numbers;

800-4701-10 Sun Common Architecture Manual
800-4700-10 SCSI Implemetation Guide

contact your locat Sun Sales office to get'em.  They are also in the SBus
Developers Kit available from:

Hamilton/Avnet: Carrie Kelly 1-800-426-2742
Wyle: Tobi Chanberlin 1-714-851-9953