Parent of an autonomously activated SunView application

fredc at umrisca.isc.umr.edu fredc at umrisca.isc.umr.edu
Wed Jan 30 07:11:37 AEST 1991

I am trying to write a sunview application which will be invoked by cron
to place a visible, blocking alarm on the screen.  When I run the program,
it runs OK, but when it is started up by cron, it aborts with a message
that the parent window of the Base frame is not passed to the program from
the environment.  I understand what the message means, but my question is:
how do I either a> autonomously pass a currently active window to the
program as parent, or b> bypass the requirement that a SunView
application's Base frame have a parent?

Fred Clauss                  INTERNET:  fredc at isc.umr.edu (preferred)
P.O. Box 815                  		or fredc at ee.umr.edu
Rolla, MO 65401		     BITNET:    S081192 at UMRVMA
phone: (314)364-7224