Sun 3/60 Questions

Travis Bissett tbissett at nstar.rn.com
Thu Jun 6 00:17:00 AEST 1991

polari!sjc at sumax.seattleu.edu writes:

> 6) MIPS that Sun 3/60 runs at?

I don't know much about the other questions so I'll let others tackle them.
I am sure you can get Sun OS 4.1 or whatever is latest for the 3/60 but talk
to your Sun rep. I hear 4.1 will be the last OS upgrade available from Sun
since the standard after next year will be System V Release 4 -- and
available for SPARC only (from Sun that is).  Perhaps you can get SVr4 from
Commodore-Amiga by then.  The 3/60 is a 16MHz 68020 soit probably cranks out
about 2 mips -- maybe 4 mips max. I crudely ran a drhystone (version 1.0 I
think) and it showed about 4500 dhrystones per second.

Just out of curiousity, would you please e_mail me the price and
configuration of 3/60 you're getting? I'm trying to talk my boss into
getting us a used Sun and like to keep up with the market prices.

Hope the info helps some.

Travis -- tbissett at nstar.rn.com

--
Travis Bissett       NSTAR conferencing site       219-289-0287/317-251-7391
internet: tbissett at nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines