Adding a 700MB disk to Sun4/260

Operator root at pugak.kaist.ac.kr
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

We have a Sun4/260, and a 700MB hard disk attached to it. When we install
OS on the hard disk, error messages of "DMA error" and "Select failed"
appears. After the installation, the load of the machine increases with
the same messages. We consulted our Sun local dealer, and they say that
Sun4/260 has SCSI-3 interface, so the 700MB hard disk of SCSI-1 cannot be
properly operate. They recommend that we attach a 300MB hard disk instead
of the 700MB disk.

Can anyone give explanation about this comment ? Is it true that Sun4/260's
cannot have 700MB hard disks ? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Janghyun Kim