(xview) journaling help

Steve Tufty protocol!pop at nosun.west.sun.com
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

Hello All,

	SPARC 2, OS 4.1.1, NeWS 2.1, OPENWINDOWS 2.0
16MBytes

	I am looking for a utility that will playback
journalling files that is envokable from a cshell.  These
journalling files can be created with the xview demo
package "journaling", selectable from the "NeWS Toolkit"
selection of the DemoNavigator.

	The program that I am looking for is to "journaling"
as "play" is to "soundtool".  I can call "play <foo>" from a
cshell, where <foo> is a soundfile created with soundtool.
It then plays back a recorded sound file without the windowed
user interface.

	I looked in Chapter 11 of the NeWS Programming
guide, and saw in 11.11 the functions "journalplay",
"journalrecord", and "journalend".

	In the words of the manual, "The file $OPENWINHOME/
demo/journaldemo implements the following three procedures".
It then describes the functions "jour*" listed above.  Well,
journaldemo is an ascii file, and none of these procedures
are listed there.  I also looked in openwin/share/etc/NeWS/
journal.ps and journalui.ps, and found none of these procedures.

	I am about to take out my fine toothed comb and look
closer, but I figured that I would ask the net if anyone has
done this before, and might offer some advise.

thanks in advance - pop