PC-NFS with QEMM or Windows

bill davidsen davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.com
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

  I have a user with several systems with PC-NFS and Desqview. One works
correctly with the NFS drivers located high, and the others don't work.
The system which works has a WD8003 board in a Dell 325, the other
WD8013 (16 bit cards) in Dell 425s. Before trying all the possible
permutations of hardware, including finding some early 8013 board which
supposedly have jumpers rather than EAPROM, does anyone have experience
with a similar setup and know what does and doesn't work? Obviously if
there's a way to make this combo work I would rather not go back to a
386, or back to an 8 bit net card. Leaving the drivers low is not an
option, since the programs won't run in reduced memory.

  The setup seems to be identical, and the user would be willing to run
Windows if that will solve the problem. All machines have the "new" NFS
which is windows compatible.

  If I left anything out mail me and I'll post a clarification. We're
looking for a solid solution to running a really large program and NFS
on the same machines.