Submission for comp-sys-sun

news at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov news at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 6 00:17:00 AEST 1991

From: pat at dingo.gsfc.nasa.gov (Pat Ryan)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x,comp.sys.sun
Subject: Sun ignoring KeyPress events
Date: 29 May 91 21:35:50 GMT
Sender: news at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov

I've got a really simple question which doesn't seem to be in the
FAQL.  I have a Sun SPARCStation SLC running SunOS 4.1.1 with
xview to handle my XWindows.  My problem is that some windows
which expect to receive keyboard input are ignoring KeyPresses
and beeping instead.  It's as though the KeyPress event mask
hadn't been set.  Looking at the source code though, I know
that it has been.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Pat