Sun to Mac transfer question

Boris Burtin 6600bori at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 6 00:17:00 AEST 1991

I'm having some difficulty transfering files from a Sparc 2 to a Mac.  The
trick is that I _have_ to do it via floppy disk.  What I've been trying to
do is write a DOS format disk on the Sparc, and then use Apple File Exchange
to decipher it.  The problem is that the carriage returns/line feeds are
misinterpreted by the Mac (they come out looking like boxes).  Also, I think
that there's an EOF problem, because looking at the Mac version of the file
often causes MS Word to crash.  Can someone help me out?  Thanks..

	- Boris Burtin
	(6600bori at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu)